Leveraging BI with Big Data
The proliferation of Big Data into the industry has brought forth both new opportunities, and new challenges with BI and analytics. In terms of technologies, there are a number of new data storage solutions, management tools, and analytic solutions that take advantage of new opportunities.
So, what’s new? What’s changed with the introduction of Big Data?
- With the increase in both speed and size of data, it has become too large to fit on a single server, or conventional server solutions
- Much data has become too unstructured for relational solutions (i.e. social media sentiment, sensor data, mobile devices, etc.)
- Data is too fast moving for a traditional data warehouse.
- Analytics now requires new approaches to both data and application management and decision-making.
To this end, we have compiled a list of what we believe are the major players in the analytics space. This list is mostly derived from Gartner’s BI Magic Quadrant for 2015, with
some additional recommendations. We will use these recommendations to do the following:
- Determine the Best Solution for your organization
- Discuss your True Needs and make recommendations
- Know what it will take to achieve Desired Results