Introduction of Data Migration
Data migration is the process of transferring data between storage types, formats, or computer systems. It is a key consideration for any system implementation, upgrade, or consolidation. With a good Business Objects data migration solution, you can lower your risks and better manage the complexities of your data migration project.
Three major phases for upgrade process:
- Migration/Upgrade to SAP BI 4.x on development environment
- Complete Documentation, Recommendations and Best Practices
- Administration Training
Data Migration Methodology:
- Analyze (to mitigate upgrade risk)
- Design and Deploy SAP BI 4.X platform
- Users and security upgrade/setup
- Content upgrade
- Enablement of SAP BI 4.X features as per defined scope
- Switching - Server Parallel run methodology
Here, we will talk a little about security upgrade. You know, right now, since a lot of new features come out in the latest release. Security is becoming more and more important.
This figure shows the difference between security migration models. When we want to upgrade, you must consider about potential risks. Later, we will have deeper discuss in this field.
Click the botton below to know some important factors during data migration process